Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is the trip that never ends...

It goes on and on and on...this is the trip that never ends...it goes on and on and...well I think I got my point accross. So, I departed work at 0700(7am) Monday morning bound for Spokane, Washington with a large part to a machine in the back of my truck. The drive took me through some spectacular parts of Oregon (and some not so spectacular). I'm hoping time will allow me to stop and take some pictures on my return trip...when ever that may be. By the time I arrived at my destination hotel it was 2200(10pm), putting me on the road for close to 15 hours. I woke up the next morning ready to install the machinery and work with a tech from the camera system manufacturer we added to our equipment. The plan I worked out prior to departing home was the camera guys were supposed to arrive Tuesday to install their equipment and begin training the operators. Instead, they sent one technician for a day and a half, with the training to follow sometime next week. And to top it off, their part of the machine is NOT working. Now comes the fun part. I have to fly to Burbank at 0710 for an 1105 arrival to work on a machine, then get back on a plane and fly back at 1700(5pm) for a 2055(8:55pm) arrival back in Spokane. If all goes well on Thursday, I should be able to start my return trip no later than Friday morning for a late night arrival home. Then Saturday, I have my EMT class midterm.

No comments:

Post a Comment